What We Do
Thrive aims to help children improve their participation and function in every day activities. We provide a variety of services including, but not limited to: assessments, therapeutic intervention, consultation and training.
For Individual Children
We will conduct a thorough assessment for children and young people who have motor skills difficulties and sensory processing difficulties, including emotional regulation, attention and focus difficulties. Assessments can take place at home or at school, or both. All our occupational therapists have access to a range of standardised and non-standardised assessments, including the Sensory Integration and Praxis Tests.
The assessments will highlight strengths and difficulties, and a comprehensive report will provide strategies and recommendations tailored to the individual needs of the child or young person.
For Pre-schools, Nurseries, Children’s Centres and Schools
We offer a free consultation service to meet with service managers, lead teachers or the SEN Coordinator to discuss your needs. We pride ourselves in having an embedded model of delivery based on sharing knowledge and skills.
We will work with teaching staff to identify pupils who may be having difficulty participating in important school activities such as handwriting, paying attention, managing frustrations, interacting with others or coordination. We will work with all children and their teaching staff in ways that work best for the teacher, school and child. We work with pupils to help improve their skills and participation in identified areas, as well as work collaboratively with teachers, parents/carers and staff to help the children meet their targets.
The aim of this embedded service is to:
- Work with teachers regarding planning and daily activities to benefit individual children or the whole class.
- Support the teacher and child in achieving education and therapeutic goals through collaborative working, individualised therapy and/or small group work.
- Provide individual assessments and therapeutic intervention as required.
- Work with families and other professionals to provide consistency across settings.
- Education for teachers, support staff and parents/carers regarding specific difficulties and approaches.
- Drop in sessions for parents during each term
Please contact the team to find out more or to discuss how we could work with you.