Many mainstream schools have pupils with and without diagnoses that have difficulty participating in important school activities such as handwriting, paying attention, organisation, interacting with others and coordination.
We work to help pupils improve their skills and participation in identified areas, as well as work collaboratively with teachers, parents/carers and staff to help the children meet their targets.
Some benefits of having Thrive OT work with your staff and pupils:
- Clearly measurable goals for the child.
- Support for the teacher, LSA, TA and/or SENCo in helping all children access the curriculum.
- Support in addressing difficulties the child may be having in participating in classroom activities.
- Increased understanding of a child’s needs and strategies to help them succeed.
A few examples of services we could offer your school include:
- Direct services – individual or small group therapy sessions (in or out of class).
- Extended services – after school groups or individual therapy sessions.
- Consultation/collaborative services – working with teaching staff to assess and enhance the participation of individual children or a whole class in activities.
- Education – for teachers, support staff and parents/carers regarding specific difficulties and approaches.
Please contact us to find out more. A member of the team would be happy to discuss your specific needs and requirements.
There are many children in special schools who have occupational therapy on their statement or who would benefit from occupational therapy input, however this input tends to be limited from statutory services. Many of these children and their teaching staff would benefit from professional input and advice regarding fine motor skills, visual motor skills, visual perceptual skills, coordination and sensory integration/processing skills, functional skills and life skills development as well as support with access, seating and equipment.
Thrive OT can:
- Work with teachers regarding planning and daily activities to benefit individual children or the whole class.
- Provide individual assessments and therapeutic intervention as required.
- Support the teacher and child in achieving IEP and therapeutic goals through collaborative working, individualised therapy and/or small group work.
- Work with families and other professionals to provide consistency across settings.
We offer a flexible service and are able to work with all children and their teaching staff in ways that work best for the teacher, school and child.